[ADSENSE] Oops, I did it again! Gave someone $49,000 for a charge of $75

[复制链接]
查看: 244   回复: 1
发表于 2012-5-18 23:52:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I thought I'd share this with only the Premiums because I didn't want to see the several people who have made huge profits from me.
I have 3 short stories then I ask your advice.

Stolen Business Plan
Several yrs ago I enrolled in a business plan meeting. Basically they deal was that only 12 webmasters were invited to this meeting until certain special requirements. The meetings purpose was to be able to discuss together several unique online idea's to fine tune them. This was a very good time in my life because I had about 12 online business idea's that had potential so I opted into the meeting in discussion everyone was pretty open to their many plans so I let my guard down and talked about a bunch of mine.
One of them was Fiverr.com. It was not called fiverr and there is a 10% change but the idea was surely stolen from me. I even had a rough design draft and stupid fiverr is almost the same damn thing. This was before twitter and facebook was popular so it was a sure hit to how easy it was for the "little people".

Here's the real issue. I've been with adsense for years and I'm excellent with optimizing it and the site to get gains. Over the years I have been helping to newbie webmasters at dp by giving good reviews to them but every now and then a big shot will come up to me and ask.
I've watched these big shot earn huge while I was thrown a little bone for the effort.

Just recently I helped a guy who had a very massive site. This site was getting MAJOR hits and its been that way for years. He only recently has gotten into adsense and you know how it works. Trial and error then after a longtime you finally get it.
Well, I felt a little lack of confidence towards how world class this site is because it just so happens that I have not chosen my competitors wisely in my main niche so its a battle with them(who by way have their own TV Channels). Therefore I told him I'll give him my best shot and he can just "donate" what he feels it is worth.
Well as I worked on it I realized the adsense was so screwed that he could make much more. I figured a 30% increase but I was not told how much this site actually makes so it didn't ring in my head.
All of the changed was made and yesterday he gave me a 15day after status report. The status report was an increase from $9,794/M to $38,994/M.
Basically I just gave him 12 new cars for the year which is nuts. Originally right after I was done the review he gave me $75.

Jeez, today I did ask him for a 1/2 profit share for 3 months. The money would change my life forever. Heck, it would be like being on "deal or no deal". I've done this so many times because he is not the first. I doubt he will do the right thing.

Just a rant. Doesn't this suck bad. I drive a winter GEO Metro in the winter(mustang in the summer) and I'm giving people who already make a lot even more so they can buy another 2000sqft home!
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-18 23:52:34 | 显示全部楼层
$75? That was nice of him :s

Did you hold any info/suggestions back? By that I mean, do you think the sites earnings could still be improved upon? If so, maybe you could tell him that the sudden earnings increase may/is likely to taper off once people become accustomed to the new ad placement... But, for a 10% cut of any increased profits (from when you first got involved), you will be his consultant for 3 months! (get it in writing)
It seems like you have already proven yourself to him, so it will be in his best interests to have you on standby and possibly improve the sites earnings further ... just a thought.

As for fiverr, were the people that own/started fiverr.com in the room with you when you pitched the idea? If so, have you hit them up about attribution?

Cheers
James
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则