[wordpress] How to Boost your Alexa Rank | Site Traffic

[复制链接]
查看: 245   回复: 1
发表于 2012-5-21 01:57:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I’m going to explain how you can boost your alexa ranking and increase the visitors to your website in an very simple way. There is no better example than SandeepHegde.me itself which has reach an alexa ranking of 928,676 in just one month. If you have come to SandeepHegde.me and reading this article , you can also learn and implements the same methods I have used ! I shall explain all the stuff , breaking down the post and covering step by step. Search engine optimisation involves a lot of parameters to be considered. it may be the traffic to the site, the number of backlinks, the internal linking structures, socila book marking, high quality content and the readability of this content by the search engine bots. Alexa rank is one of the measure for your sites search engine positiong which is ultimately linked to your website trafic. Alexa computes traffic rankings by analyzing the Web usage of millions of Alexa Toolbar users and data obtained from other, diverse traffic data sources. The information is sorted, sifted, anonymized, counted, and computed, until, finally, we get the traffic rankings shown in the Alexa service. The process is relatively complex, but you can understand it and build your rank accordingly.
So lets start with PART 1 : Fundamental Tools

There are some very fundamental tools I use for increasing alexa rank | Search engine rankings and increasing the visitors to your site.
1. Wordpress :

Wordpress is an open sourceblog publishing application and a content management system.WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability.
WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
I personlly like wordpress for its simplicity of use. It is best suited platform for search engine optimisation. It has a lots of plugins and user friendly themes. Most of these are free !
You can get more details at : http://www.wordpress.org
2. All in one Search Engine Optimization Pack :

As the name says it is a out of the box Search Engine Optimization for your wordpress software. It is pretty easier to use but at the same time gives a excellet search engine positioning. All that you have to do is to enter proper title, description and keywords related to the articles. I shall come to proper usage of this title , description and keywords at the later part. Virtually you can fine tune everything using All in one Search Engine Optimization pack.
You can get more details at : WordPress › All in One SEO Pack
3. Google XML Sitemaps :
Yet another favourite plugin of mine. It does exactly what it says upto the the mark. It generates automatically a sitemap for all pages. It also automatically pioratise the post based on number of comments. The user interface has a lot of customizable options like priorities etc. The generated xml file is search engine friendly. It also notifies Ask.com, Google, MSN Live Search and YAHOO about changes via pin. I recommend submitting the url of the sitemap generated using Google Webmaster Tools since Google plays an major role in the search engine traffic.
You can get more details at : Google (XML) Sitemaps Generator for WordPress
4. Socialable | Share This :
Socialable and Share This both are similar kind of plugin used for enhancing the sites appearence in social bookmarking portals. Social Bookmarking sites like Stuble Upon, Digg, Mixx, Propeller not only drive a lot of traffic to the website but also enhance the backlinks and sites popularity over the internet. These sites already have a good search engine strategy and search bots scan them regurarly. So if your site is getting listed on such social sites it will enhance your sites search engine positioning.
You can get more details at :
WordPress › Sociable
WordPress › ShareThis
If you can Google about the top blogs over itnetnet you will know most of them are powered by wordpress. Self hosted wordpress yet rules the blogosphere. The plugins I have listed above are also the most popular one and it is not that difficult to find them out ! You can find it most of the time in the most popular section of wordpress plugin directory.
Search engine optimisation is a long process and you can’t just get an alexa rank or search engine rank in hurry ! But this will help.
发表于 2012-10-22 09:19:46 | 显示全部楼层
此贴已译,地址:http://cnwebmasters.com/thread-100315-1-1.html 谢谢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则