[SEO]SEO Q&A

[复制链接]
查看: 789   回复: 6
发表于 2014-6-5 17:52:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 jinking 于 2014-6-5 18:22 编辑

[mw_shl_code=html,true]Q1
Hellooou!
I'm watched many courses and i think i know SEO basics but my problem is i dont find niches.. [SEO]SEO Q&A So how you find your niches?
[/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]A1
As far as niches go for the IM level; I've always stuck to something I knew or had interest in. I know its cliche to just say "pick something that you're the best at", but in all honesty, thats where you'll find success.

If you want to find the most profitable niches, you'll want to target the KWs that have a high competition CPC ($40+) - These KWs generally have around 1k searches +-500, but if you can rank in these niches, you can sell leads for up to $2000 per lead - this kind of SEO requires you to contact major players who are looking for leads and sell to them on contract.

An example would be the search term "Online bsn programs"
I dont know who the SEO is for the 1st SERP position (http://www.onlinebsnprograms.net), but they are ranking extremely well using directory links and judging by the sites listed on their homepage, their site probably generates a crap load of $$ per day.

To discover these keywords, look for something in the real world worth investing in; High profit niches usually have big brands doing brand marketing for the product or have some sort of government funding involved. In the example above, colleges will pay up to $2k per lead because 1 lead makes them $20k.

For low-mid profit niches that IM Gurus usually tell people to rank for, find something that has $$ to back them up. Search CPA/CPL offers on the popular CPA sites then begin your keyword research there. If you are having a hard time ranking for a particular niche, use ubersuggest to get you a list of KWs from google suggest and rank for those KWs first. Unless you are in it for the fun, try not to target a niche with 0 CPA/CPL offers.

As for me, I dont target niches anymore because every client has their own niche that I'd have to go at[/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]Q2
I want to rank some amazon review sites..what kind of backlinking and seo strategies should i follow?[/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]A2
Niche Amazon review sites and affiliate sites usually have shallow content and shady authorship so your popular Whitehat links are hard to get.
You basically have to manage your own links through PBNs or High PA web2.0s. If you can't afford PBNs, find reputable directories to submit your domain to. Dont use article directories.

As far as SEO strategy for Amazon reviews go, I'd attack the niche as a whole. That means your site will no longer target specific products like "adjustable dumbells" but target the whole "amazon reviews" niche with categories that include "workout equipment", and within that category, you can have "adjustable dumbells". Yes it is a harder niche to attack, but the point is to create an authoritative site that you can add G+ authorship and publisher to. You dont have to segment the whole "azon review" niche, but stick the to broad niche rather than the targeted niche. Organic searches will always be #1 but with the way SEO is evolving, the smart way to adapt is to find external traffic sources that will generate leads. Of course this does take more work, effort, and goes against everything you knew about KW research, but if you are serious about quitting your job and building a real biz, you'll have to treat it like a real biz; that basically means, no more sleep.

here is a quick example for you

Azon Review Site: WorkoutTurds.com
Categories: Workout equipment, Workout supplements, Workout programs, Blog, Best of

each category will be populated with content rich articles that people will actually want to link to. That way, you dont have to spend $ on PBNs.

Easy ways to get backlinks for your authority site: Go on copyscape.com, paste on of your articles on it, request a backlink from every copycat, and there you: 7 easy backlinks to niche relevant blogs[/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]Q3
how to start ranking of any site with SEO ? and it GSA a safe tool to use ?

is it really possible to rank any site with SEO blasting tier-1,2,3,....

i know bit but not sure.. if i rank my site at top of google i can able to earn 1k$+ daily..!! [SEO]SEO Q&A but dnt know how to do.. hehe[/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]A3
Easiest way to rank any site with SEO is to find crap Keywords like "find rhinoplasty surgeons" and post up some content relating to the KW.

On a serious note, here is basic process to start ranking through authority

1. on-page optimization: I put more emphasis on this because I work with High DA sites; with a high DA, you can just create a page and interlink with 0 external links in most cases, and your inner pages will rank for whatever you optimized it for. First and foremost, always do onpage optz

2. Target your market like how PROs target their market. That goes all the way to creating personas for your customers and crafting content funnels.

3. After creating personas, create content that flows through all the stages of a funnel: Social/Viral posts (5 ways to kill your cat), to brand awareness (Killing your cat with BRAND), to Pain point (Why Killing your cat really matters), to end funnel (how BRAND can help kill your cat), to Landing page (nonidexed), to $$

4. Post your content

5. Create backlinks to your content (Whitehat or PBN)

6. Get Top funnel stuff to go viral through viral marketing (VM is a different subject)

7. Gain Authority

8. Rank

In short, backlinking will rank your content, but only if its optimized for the KW through onpage - I have some pages that have some really good backlinks, but the Onpage opt and content sucks, so it doesn't rank well.

*GSA is safe on Tier 2-3

*Its possible to rank sites without blasting Tier 123; just create white hat links

*If you rank on the top of google for money KWs, you can sell leads. Affiliate marketing is basically sending leads to someone else so you can do that too. Yes you can make $1k/day[/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]Q4
My question to you is in regard to SEO jobs. How is the best way to get started. I am moving to the Kissimmee area in Florida, after a long run of bad luck. Would you suggest looking into an unpaid internship to get my foot in the door. I know SEO very well, but have no experience in it, other than what I do for my own sites. Seeing that you run your own SEO business, do you hire outside help? Just trying to figure the best route to go. Thanks for taking the time![/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]A4
To get into a Corporate SEO Job, check indeed for "SEO" - You'll find plenty of SEO jobs that are easy to land (I applied for several just to see how much they will pay me) - I'll go over this @ the end of this post

SEO Internships s**** - I suggest that you never enter SEO through internships - you'll be doing link requests most of the time

I currently have a team of 3 people (4 including myself) that runs everything eg. link building, content, and onpage opts. I dont outsource anything because I have really bad experiences with India style SEO. The only position I need filled is another SEO content writer with military background to target military leads; the job requirement is pretty extreme though...

Back to getting a corporate seo job:

Your resume is your #1 asset in landing the interview. You can have a portfolio of beautiful rankings but if your resume sucks, then you wont get an interview.

My tip is apply what you know about SEO to your resume: Optimize it for the job. Do not list anything that involves blackhat activities on your resume. PBNs are blackhat. Emphasize "evergreen rankings". If you've been doing SEO for years for your own sites, Add a Sole Proprietor section to the top of your work experience that highlights what you did. Use this general outline for your SEO resume

Name/contact info as header

First vertical should be "highlights of qualifications": use this section to make a bullet list of your experience in The job posting's "requirements"

second vertical should be Related work experience: use this section to make a bullet list of your work experience in SEO

Last vertical: Schooling if you have at least a undergrad degree, if not, then use it for unrelated work exp.

****Every bullet item should contain an action verb and specifics, Example: "[SEO]SEO Q&Aroven backlink strategy for 100% Penguin/Panda/Hummingbird safe SEO"

As stated above, just apply to every SEO job that you are confident about. You might have to start as an "associate SEO" but its definitely better than an Intern[/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]Q5
I want to know how to start doing seo for local bussiness clients and how to do the lead gen process, thanks.[/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]A5
IDK about how the "gurus" start their local seo biz, but I rank Youtube videos in specific niches and directly pitch offers through email and phone to local biz.

Example:
1. Rank a "Dentist + city" (make the video, optimize the fields in Youtube, then spam backlinks to it)
2. Find a dentist site on Page 4 of google and send an email pitching Seo services using your Video as a testimonial of ranking
3. send another email 1 week later if no follow up, call a week after that if no follow up
4. follow up

Im not a salesman in anyway so I can't help you with conversion

As far as lead gen goes for local SEO biz, a lot of people dont know what SEO is or they dont really care. Easy way to find leads is to look for sites on page 4+ because no one probably does SEO for them. Its like link requests, except you have to request for them to give you money.

Also, I did personal training in college so a lot of my leads were personal training clients; that helped launch the local seo biz from the ground; again, these clients trusted me so I didn't have to sell hard. If I were to start over from scratch, I wouldn't go into local SEO but do selfbranded stuff like matthew woodward.[/mw_shl_code][mw_shl_code=html,true]Q6
re private blog networks still the way to go for boosting ranking?
Like becker teaches in his courses.

I like these questions to "are there any SEO jobs/careers" to "how do i start my own SEO business"
And how do I get a job working with YOU most importantly[/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]A6
PBNs can still boost ranking, but the prices for premium high DA domains get to the $5000 mark when you're targeting big money niches. In my opinion, theyre a waste of resources because you can get a high PA/DA link by simply emailing someone.

For local SEO, they can provide easy rankings. A note to make about PBNs is that lawsuits are being brought up by seo clients against seo firms for violating google terms and getting penalties; it makes a everything a pretty dumb situation- i dont even want to get into it right now lol

in short, yes PBNs still work but more metrics are being used for ranking nowadays.

SEO careers are available everywhere; check indeed and look up "SEO"; im sure you guys wont have any issues at all with landing a job; if you apply for a larger or growning marketing firm, make sure you know your stuff because the head of internet operations is usually an underground SEO pro who will pick at your technical knowledge; as far as working with me, My firm is still relatively small and I intend to keep it small because I plan to relocate again in a couple of years - Im already maxed out with employees.[/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]Q7
Right so i read everythingtill now and you answered most of my questions as a newbie :-) my question is about how or which tools help you in keyword research? how do you discover your "passion niche"? and secondly about content, i read alof of blogs which i am mainly interested in. how do you write seo content? What is keyword density? etc and one last thing i never understood is tier linkbuilding 1 2 3. Could you explain it to us newbies and while starting out does that really matter? Thank you i would love to see your response :-)[/mw_shl_code]

[mw_shl_code=html,true]A7
For keyword research for people starting out, use ubersuggest - its pretty straight forward; you just type in your main kw and it'll pull all of the google suggests from A-Z; those KWs are what people actually search for so you should be able to get pretty easy traffic

Your passion niche is something you're good at or like to do that you can write about everyday. It can be anything. If you can't find a profitable passion niche, just start YourName.Org and blog about anything. When you figure it out, start a section of whatever it is and continue on blogging. The thing about blogging about random stuff is that your link opportunities are through other bloggers like you so just start following them on twitter.

SEO content is basically content geared towards a specific KW. What makes a good SEO content writer is someone who can also gear content towards a specific persona. Basically, its marketable content.

Keyword density is how much a specific KW appears in your content. Go with what the gurus have to say about this.

Tiered link building is basically a way to get all the benefits of spam link juice without the penalties of spam. Your T1 sites will link directly to your Money site and so the T1 webpages need to be treated like gold. Your T1 site will get its links from your T2 sites, so your T2 sites never directly touch your Money site. Because your T2 sites never touch your Money sites, you can spam them with GSA. All of the link spam is your T3 sites. You can tier it down as far as you want.

While starting out, your goals will influence the way you want to run your money site. Most of the seo guys I know, myself included, know that PBNs and link tiers will eventually come back around and eat us up; they still work but not the way they used to; its the easiest way to rank and build authority but also involves a bit of management skills. If your goal is to make money off of Affiliate blogs, then go with PBNs as the gurus suggest. As far as branding goes, Content is king (google has been telling us this all along). You can definitely rank a site with PBNs, but what makes people return or share is the content. [/mw_shl_code]

评分

参与人数 2T币 +3 收起 理由
心晴 + 1 有見地
ads419 + 2 送花花~~~

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-6-5 19:44:00 | 显示全部楼层
有点长,看来PBN应该是把站坐上去最好的方法了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-6-5 19:48:50 | 显示全部楼层