Pay Per View Advertising

[复制链接]
查看: 1348   回复: 1
发表于 2008-12-20 22:44:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Pay per view advertising is a gold mine, period. People always want to know how I make 60k or more each month in white hat CPA and this is a big part of the answer.
I still pay an average of 1 to 1.5 cents per view on most of my campaigns or around $10 CPM if you prefer.
In comparison to traditional media buying involving banners, $10 CPM may seem high, but its a bargain considering how the traffic is targeted and delivered.
Tens of millions of people have downloaded adware from Zango, Media Traffic, Traffic Vance, and dozens of other large PPV networks.
These people are shoppers; they don't have any issue entering their information online because that's exactly what they had to do to install the adware in the first place in exchange for software apps, widgets, games, screensavers, etc.
If you are buying any type of traffic you should also be buying PPV traffic, if you are not buying any traffic, you should start with PPV traffic.
There is really no cheaper or easier way to make consistent white hat income for an internet marketer than using PPV traffic.
You can test an offer with 1000 impressions for $10, if it tanks, you lose a lousy $10 and move on to another offer you think might convert well, but if you only lose a little money, then you know there’s interest and can play with targeting to potentially make it work, if you break even, that's almost as good as making a profit because you know almost for a fact you can tweak it to work.
If you make a profit, PERFECT, run more traffic to it and add more campaigns, just keep a watchful eye on it.
What is mystifying to me is how easy CPA networks make the process of finding a good offer, yet almost no one uses it.
Your affiliate manager’s job is to tell what is converting best on the network, so wouldn't it make sense to run those offers first and see if you can get in on some of that profit?
The answer is Yes by the way.
Half the time that's my whole process. My affiliate managers call me, I ask them what new offers are pulling really well, and set up keyword and URL targeted campaigns for them.
The key to success like with any other traffic is to track EVERYTHING. I use adtrackz, it's available for download in the scripts section.
This is where it gets tedious, and it's why most affiliates don't do it, and hence why they never make any money.
You have to set up a tracking link for every keyword and every URL you target. It is incredibly boring to do this, but it is the key to success, and that's a guarantee.
You need to know EXACTLY what traffic is converting, if you don't and your like 99% of other internet marketers who throw money into PPC directly to landing pages, you're done for.
For some reason everyone I ever talk to thinks there's some secret I know or some trick that is the magic answer.
Maybe there is, but if so, it's tracking EVERYTHING down to the individual click.
I will not run any CPA offer or affiliate program that will not place my adtrackz tracking pixel for me.
Fuck them, it's not worth my time and money if they can't take 3 seconds to paste some code on their confirmation page.
Without knowing what's converting from second to second, I can't effectively manage my advertising dollars.
I would also never advertise any of my own sites or products without first setting up a tracking campaign for every traffic source and then every keyword or URL if applicable.
There are two extremely important things you need to do in order to protect your income and your success on both sides:
1. Never, NEVER use a tracking pixel provided by the company you are buying advertising from. I don't care if it's Zango, Google, Yahoo, Media Traffic, or any one of ten thousand other traffic companies.
If you don't think these companies harvest that data to run their own offers, it will be hard for you to make it in this game.
You need to just assume that everyone is out to get you and take as many steps as possible to protect yourself.
Always use your own tracking pixel hosted by your own script on YOUR server. This information is the digital equivalent of platinum and these networks would much rather make the 300% ROI themselves than take your lousy 1 cent per view.
2. Referrer block every visitor that gets sent to your CPA network. CPA networks and merchants are just as bad if not worse than the traffic providers.
If you let these guys see where your money comes from, they'll be bidding against you the next day running the offer themselves.
We've included a referrer blocking PHP script in the scripts section.
The process is simple:
1. Put your affiliate link in the referrer block scipt to create a new URL
2. Put the referrer blocked URL in adtrackz to create your new adtrackz URL
3. Use your adtrackz URL in your advertising campaigns.
You have now blocked the traffic provider from seeing what's converting for you by using your own pixel and tracking, and blocked the CPA network from seeing where that traffic came from.
I'm adding in a series of videos where I show all of this step by step from campaign creation, to launch, to tracking so that you can simply copy my process if you prefer.
发表于 2009-2-11 23:50:06 | 显示全部楼层
lol!怎么老是被警告!奇怪
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则