Barcoding

[复制链接]
查看: 149   回复: 0
发表于 2011-8-3 00:54:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Please do not even bother to read this if your going to make a comment about it being illegal and how much trouble you can get into doing this. People expressed interest in the chatbox and I am simply sharing information. I am not responsible for anything you do with this information as it is all fake and I am making the whole thing up as I go.

I first learned about this on Totse before it was shut down. A small community regrouped on Zoklet and I learned about it more there. This is essentially a less risky way to shoplift. It relies on the laziness of clerks and there inability to remember prices for various things throughout stores. When an item is scanned a price comes up and the name associated with the barcode in the store's registry come up. The idea behind barcoding is creating a barcode with a cheap product and a similar or ambiguous name as a more expensive product, and then placing the new barcode over the old barcode, its scans for the cheaper price and voila.

This is much easier than it sounds. What you need is barcode creating software, (try barcode magic), sticker paper you can print the barcodes on (try avery label paper, you get a template online, open it in word and then copy barcode from barcode magic into word), and the barcode numbers for cheap products. The best place to do this is wal-mart because the clerks are all mildly retarded and they do not know prices.

First find your expensive and cheap item. Copy down the 13 digit barcode onto your phone or better take a picture of it with your camera phone so you know exactly how it looks so you can replicate it at home later. Plug that number into barcode magic (the format is usually UPC-A), resize it to make it look right, and then print it out onto label paper. Cut it out to size and bring it into the store, hiding the barcode on the palm of your hand. It's easy to put on, just look like your reading the information on the back of a product and slide your hand over it and place the barcode on with your back to any cameras. Make sure it is on straight. Now make your way to a price check self scan station and scan it to make sure it works at the right price. If it does your good to go, go to the checkout and this is key - always have enough money to pay for the more expensive item on you in case you get caught. This way you can convince the employees if for any reason you get in trouble that it was just a pricing mistake and you were obviously going to pay for it if you had enough money for it. But if you do this right you'll never get caught. Also you can throw in a couple nonbarcoded items to make it seem more legit too. You can return barcoded items for store credit, keep them or simply sell them on eBay.

Maybe you've heard about the crazy couple that scammed walmart out of over 1 million dollars this way, (Wal-Mart Stung in $1.5 Million Bar-Code Scam) and ended up being caught because they told too many people about it. As long as you don't over do it you will be fine. One guy on totse got about 100k worth of stuff in 6 months and was doing things like going into staples with 10 barcodes for $1.50 pens, putting them on $50 backpacks and buying them all and he didn't get caught. Now this is incredibly stupid but it helps to show the incompetency of employees and how little they care about their jobs.

I personally have been doing this for friends here and there, bought a bunch of expensive batteries at convenience stores and returned them later for store credit, bought a $50 swiss army knife for $20, and one time horribly resized a barcode for a $30 lacrosse shaft on a $100 shaft at Dick's sporting goods. It didn't scan and the clerk simply typed in the barcode and I got it for $30. Just stay calm, cool, and collected and you will be fine if you try this. I'm too much of a pussy to actually shoplift so this is what I do. Feel free to ask any questions, I know its a lot of information.

TL;DR: Go die
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则