[SEO] What SEO book to start with

[复制链接]
查看: 242   回复: 0
发表于 2012-5-19 01:46:49 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I am a super newbie and probably have done a ton of things, but with out any structure or understanding of the systems to put proper SEO into my site.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a really good book to encompass SEO step by step informationor a product learning program?

Any help would be great thanks.

tbs123;27848 Wrote:Aaron Wall's SEO book is super solid

Kiro;27869 Wrote:For niche finding, kw research and on-site SEO Google Sniper1 (George Brown) v2 is the same thing :p.

brownjesus;27904 Wrote:tbs123 and Kiro are you guys saying that these 2 books are mainly on keyword and niche market research, not the actually application of it into your website?

I've also done all of the videos for market samurai which had some good information.

Kiro;27906 Wrote:The google sniper doesn't cover off site seo. For that you have to look elsewhere, maybe shean donahue link magnet? It's kinda a over complicated link pyramid. The best way to really learn is through experience.

KneeOnLite;27931 Wrote:This is what you will find in all good SEO books (since Panda)

1. Good original content is a must
    2. Use keywords at 2 to 3 percent of total page content
    3. Use H1, H2, H3 tags within your content
    4. Use at least one picture with your keyword in the ALT tag
    5. Use once each on your main keyword Bold Underline and Italic.
    6. Include some LSI keywords (Latent Semantic Indexing) LSI Keywords
    7. Keyword in URL
    8. Keyword in page description
    9. Keyword in Title
    10. Keyword in first sentence and last

If using wordpress and you should be use pages to target your main keywords and posts to publish other related material.

Off site

Build links from various sources at a reasonable steady rate a new site not more than 35 to 50 per day. keep a regular link building program.Do not just blast away with Scrapebox or other automated software. Do it steady and slow.

That should be enough to get a medium keyword onto the first page of Google.

AlexWL;27941 Wrote:Now...I have a question too: What do you mean by "medium Keyword"? If you can tell us more about this please... How can I identify if a keyword is high, medium or low? This is the big question for me

IIRR;27970 Wrote:Medium competition

brownjesus;28050 Wrote:Yes I think I've got most of that done with the yoast wordpress seo plug-in. Thanks KneeOnLite.

Maybe I am just impatient with the keywords that I am using at the moment. How long would it take rank with in the top ten for a medium competition keyword?

Is the google competition in the keyword tool accurate? Is that what you are using to base your "medium competition"?

Kiro;28076 Wrote:Not even by a long shot. Don't believe that, you are better of with MS or Traffic Travis but i never look at the difficulty rating. I have my own standards.

This reminds me of a giggle which i had on senx forum. A guy claimed that found a low competition kw with 100million searches a month, yes a 100 mills. After a bit of black mailing and usual business practices i've found out the famous kw. Hold onto your panties ladies this will be big. The kw is "los angeles". Good luck ranking for that #1 is a wiki with 15k backlinks. Yes it's low competition because nobody is stupid enough to rank for that. Actually what you are seeing as competition it refers to adwords. How many people are bidding on that. It's too broad and it's a money waster.

brownjesus;28110 Wrote:Interesting.

Thanks for the info Kiro. I've been using Market Samurai for a while now and have gone through there video series since it was pretty comprehensive. I will do my best not to look up illogical choices like Los Angeles lol...

What would you say is a good amount of traffic coming in through for being in the top ten then?

I haven't tried Traffic Travis yet. Is it better then MS?

Kazzo;28116 Wrote:From my experience .. Market samurai is the best .. for keyword research! it takes me 5 min to find a good keyword with low competition with it.

chaosman;28132 Wrote:i hear secockpit is good also allows you to do more research quicker than ms

GODOVERYOU;28470 Wrote:I did the $297 for 6 months, and I think it's mostly a waste of time for the price. If it was $297 once it would be an okay tool, but for $600 a year the guy is nuts.

That having been said, I have also heard a lot of people that are very positive about it. I'm just not. It's simply another way of looking at the same 800 words Google pumps out to all of the other KWTools.

Honestly, if you already have things like MS, MNF, TT, etc - the better investment is keyword country, as it generates far more unique keywords and doesn't depend purely on Google's Adwords tool. I don't think it does nearly the job of comparing the competition for those keywords, but that's not a problem.

1. Generate Keywords in Keyword Country - Save to File.
    2. State New MS Project - Generate the 800 KW's - add the keywords from Keyword Country.
    3. Analyze All of the Keywords from BOTH tools in MS.

It's an extra step but it gives you far more KW's to work with than the same list of 800 that all of the other tools depend on.

On a final note: I'm definately asking for a refund on SCP. They need to massively reconsider their pricing structure because they only offer a different way to look at the same keywords, and that only is not worth $600 a year. It's not so much about the money -> It's about the implied insult of thinking that what they offer is worth that kind of price. Maybe to some people it is.... but I don't think so. $19 a month is much more realistic for what they offer in my mind, but as always.... that's OPINION.

Here's a way I look at it.

You have $600 for a year's worth of benefit. You can either:

A - Use SCP to look at the exact same keywords yet another anal way.
    or
    B - Buy 200 .info domains to use as shadow domains (http://bseolized.com/), make each domain 10k+ pages in size and suck traffic out of the serp's in piles.

There's no question on which is the better $600 investment for the year. Next year, same of you domains will be de-indexed, some will underperform. You can either decide to buy a new set of 200 domains, or renew the performers that still exist. Or you can spend days looking at the same boring 800 keywords in uber anal fashion and make no cash at all.....

Yeah, like I said, he's insane if he thinks that it provides $600 worth of value. There's far better ways to spend it.

esearch;28477 WroteWhat SEO book to start withGODOVERYOU - love your sn What SEO book to start with, anyways, could you please enlighten us on bseolized.com and shadow domains? thanks.

GODOVERYOU;28478 Wrote:Well, it's basically just a mass automated way to inject hundreds of thousands of cloaked pages into search engines that will redirect all of that traffic to your selected offers. It's like uber-low-cost PPC in a way in terms of what kind of traffic you'll get. I've had some luck taking that traffic and stuffing it. This probably isn't the best thread to get into it on... the OP was asking about newbie SEO books, and shadow domains are not newbie intended or really newbie friendly concepts.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则