PPV Stuffing 6: Penetrating the Wary PPV Networks

[复制链接]
查看: 1631   回复: 2
发表于 2011-5-15 05:20:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
There are really only two networks this post will apply too.  In my opinion, the two most powerful forms of PPV traffic.  Traffic vance and Lead impact.  Out of these two I think that TV provides better quality/targeted traffic, and sometimes slightly less to significantly less volume of traffic, but still a lot more then any of the lower PPV networks manage.  Part of this I suspect is from the various forms of filtering that TV utilizes.
I think that they may actually have some sort of relationships with very large companies that allow those companies either primary access to impressions or to formulate rules about how the rest of us access those impressions [especially for their own company domains].  At any rate I feel that LI, formerly Zango, has totally raw access to impressions…however their Manual reviews team is relatively in the know about cookie stuffing.
So today I am sharing a few tactics I play around with when trying to land longterm stuffing campaigns on these two most profitable sources of PPV traffic.  TV’s manual review team is not nearly so wary.  They don’t however like seeing session based, rotating, or cloaked ads.  If they notice that refreshing your ad drops them down into a different place ( like the free sessioncloaking script does) they will probably ask you to fix it, and make you resubmit your keywords/urls.
If LI saw this, they would likely notify you it violates their terms of service, and if they saw it a second time they would shut down your account [or ignore you for weeks on end, means the same thing], and take any money you had left.
To an extent this can be combated with IP cloaking.  You can find out which IP addresses the reviewers are connecting from by logging visitor information via your script.  Either cross reference an early segment of addresses or just pay attention to the live feed, lazily you could chop off the last bit and filter it as a full C Block…or take the time to look up the company’s registered blocks.
Cloaking used in this fashion can provide longterm protection for one or more of your campaigns.  There are still a few things that can bite you here, mostly with LI.  First off.  LI has some limited nastyness scanners built into their system.  They monitor the Top.Location value via some overhead javascript.  If they register any changes to this locale without input from the user it instantly flags your account for manual review.  Secondly, LI in general…is prone to looking more closely at ALL your campaigns, even if only one of them gets flagged.  The other networks definitely don’t work like this.  They are more liable to turn a blind eye to your other business, and deal with whatever they just happened to stumble upon.
More or less…if you can navigate through these obstacles, the good news is…your campaigns will run for many months with extremely little input from you.  Some stretches I’ve cleaned up 15 or 20k with no real need to do anything.
发表于 2011-5-15 12:31:04 | 显示全部楼层
几何黑点爆发啊,不错,谢谢了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-5-23 18:28:04 | 显示全部楼层
PPV Stuffing 6: Penetrating the Wary PPV Networks好东西~~~~~~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则