[SEO] Changing design helps ranking ?!

[复制链接]
查看: 258   回复: 4
发表于 2012-5-24 00:24:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
i create a site manually and promoted it like usually. when i do that, after a few days it starts to get SE visitors, but this one domain just didn't want to get any SE traffic whatsoever ..i left it sitting there for like a month or two and 1-4 visitors a day..not even one from google. now a few days ago i decided to take a closer look. its running wp and had one of those default themes with some flash inside, so i thought well maybe i change the theme and voila 2-3 days later i got 30 visitors from google a day. didn't think the design would make such a difference ? i mean the content is the same, the sidebar is almost the same and i didnt change any linking, so its not a new interlinking structure or something.. anyone ever had something similar ? i mean i'm not a noob and i know the onpage factor is important too, but only changing the design, wtf ?!
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-24 00:24:46 | 显示全部楼层
Did your ranking increase on a certain term? Maybe the old theme had poor seo structure although seems unlikely to make that big of a difference.

Maybe the flash was slowing it down.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-24 00:24:55 | 显示全部楼层
That seems very unlikely...

However maybe flash had something to do with it? I find flash sites much harder to promote and have to add a lot of regular text around it.

I wonder if just the act of an "update" made it rank a little better.. ie. Google likes sites that don't sit there stale? I'm really surprised you got such instant results though... Coincidence??
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-24 00:25:04 | 显示全部楼层
yes i suspected the flash had something todo with it, although on the other hand i think that there are so many flash sites that do rank, don't see why big G would devalue a site with some flash. it wasnt even a whole flash page so.. anyways its ranking for various terms now like 2-3 days after i changed the design. before i didn't rank for anything. as i said new domain 1-2 months up already and a good amount of backlinks. had only 1 site indexed (main page). now it has +5k sites indexed so wtf. its been spidered before a few times already and didn't rank at all and i have made many sites of the same type its always the same pattern for me, but this one site was really strange
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-24 00:25:15 | 显示全部楼层
I noticed on my sites + I experimented a lot with such and I get ranks higher if it has alot of different Content Mediums on your site.

It doesnt do a lot but it increases the percentage of ranking better a little bit. Mixing it up really does help Changing design helps ranking ?!

1. Written Content
2. Images
3. Videos
4. Also Audio will help increase
5. Flash Movies(This I never tried it yet) Seems like it will help aswell
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则