weekly news: 希拉里谈婚姻:克林顿“很浪漫”

[复制链接]
查看: 1232   回复: 0
发表于 2007-11-2 08:30:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Clinton happy she stuck with ‘romantic’ Bill

Democratic 2008 White House frontrunner Hillary Clinton says she ishappy she stuck it out with her husband, the 42nd president, through"challenges" in their marriage.

Clinton said in an interviewwith the November issue of Essence magazine, that Bill Clinton is "soromantic" and recently brought her home a wooden giraffe from a trip toAfrica.

"I know the truth of my life and of my marriage, myrelationship and partnership, my deep abiding friendship with myhusband," Clinton said.

"Now obviously, we’ve had challengesas everybody in the world knows -- but I never doubted that it was amarriage worth investing in even in the midst of those challenges,"Clinton was quoted as saying.

"I’m really happy that I made that decision."

Clinton added that her husband of 36 years had an eye for unusual gifts, as he traveled the world on behalf of his foundation.

"Oh he’s so romantic. He’s always bringing me back things from histrips," she told Essence, a fashion and beauty magazine aimed mainly atAfrican-American women.

"He brought me a giant woodengiraffe from Africa," she said, adding that Clinton had also bought theChanel watch she was wearing.

Bill Clinton has been a highlyinfluential presence in his wife’s presidential campaign, and has madeseveral trips through key states with the former first lady.

But she has rarely referred to the political drama sparked by his relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

In June, Clinton said during candid remarks at a forum on religion andpolitics that she turned to divine help during the ordeal.

"I am not sure I would have gotten through it without my faith," she said.

Bill Clinton showed off his newly advertised romantic side on Tuesday,sending her supporters an email and text message, asking them to sign avirtual birthday card for her.

"I know how happy Hillarywill be to hear from you on her birthday. Thank you for helping me tomake her day special," Clinton wrote in his email.

Hillary Clinton turns 60 on Friday.

希拉里谈婚姻:克林顿“很浪漫”

参加2008年美国总统竞选的民主党候选人希拉里•克林顿说,她很高兴能与丈夫克林顿度过婚姻“危机”,一起挺了过来。比尔•克林顿是美国第42任总统。

希拉里在接受《Essence》 杂志十一月号的采访时说,克林顿“非常浪漫”,最近他从非洲出差回来给她带了个木制长颈鹿。

希拉里说:“我很了解我与比尔的生活与婚姻,我们是夫妻、是合作伙伴,也是有着深厚友谊的朋友。”

《Essence》 杂志援引她的话说:“大家都知道,我们的婚姻经历过考验,但我从不怀疑这场婚姻值得付出,即便在它遭遇危机的时候。”

“现在我真为自己当时的决定感到高兴。”

希拉里与克林顿已结婚36年。希拉里说,克林顿为他自己的基金会前往世界各地访问,(给她带回很多礼物),他挑的礼物都很特别。

她对《Essence》 杂志说:“他很浪漫,每次出差回来都给我带些礼物。”《Essence》 是一本主要针对黑人女性的时尚杂志。

希拉里说:“他从非洲给我带了一只巨大的木制长颈鹿。”她戴的香奈尔手表也是克林顿送的。

克林顿在夫人的总统竞选活动中起了十分重要的作用;他与希拉里一起去了美国几个重要的州进行竞选宣传。

而希拉里则很少提起克林顿与白宫女实习生莫尼卡•莱温斯基的那段“性丑闻”。

今年六月,希拉里在一个宗教与政治论坛上发言时坦称,是信仰帮她度过了难关。

她说:“如果不是信仰,我可能无法挺过来。”

本周二,克林顿又浪漫了一把。他给希拉里的支持者们发去邮件和短信,让他们给希拉里发电子生日贺卡。

克林顿在邮件中写道:“希拉里收到你们的祝福会很开心的,谢谢大家的支持与帮助,让她度过这个特别的生日。”

希拉里于本周五满60周岁。

Report: China’s newly-weds spend heavily

Weddings are so important in China that couples are willing to forkout about 20 times their monthly income on getting hitched andeverything that comes with it.

China’s newly-weds in urbanareas spend 126,600 yuan (16,600 U.S. dollars) on average in 2006 whengetting hitched, Thursday’s Chongqing Youth Daily reported, citing arecent survey by the Ministry of Commerce.

An analysis of60,000 couples living in cities showed that about 64 percent of thespending went on apartment decoration, furniture and householdappliances and the rest was spent on the wedding, such as the ceremony,photography, wedding dresses and feast.

The survey said thewedding expenditure was only a small share of the overall marriage costas most Chinese young couples in the cities tended to buy an apartmentand a car before tying the knot.

The survey said that about81.6 percent of the newly-weds admitted that they had got financialsupport from parents as their monthly income on average was only about6,240 yuan.

The survey also showed that about 88.4 percentof the newly-weds chose having wedding photography as a priority and78.74 chose hosting a wedding banquet.

In contrast, youngcouples in rural areas spent about 40,000 yuan on average onmarriage-related issues, less than one third of their city peers,according to the report.

About 8.49 million couples got married in China in 2006.

调查:中国人结婚费用平均逾12万

结婚在中国是件大事,因此,中国的新人们不惜花费约相当于月收入20倍的“重金”来置办婚礼。

据《重庆青年报》上周四消息,商务部近妈养我一项调查显示,2006年,中国城镇地区新人的结婚开支平均为12.66万元。

通过对城镇地区6万对新人的调查发现,约64%的结婚费用花在装修新房、购置家具和家用电器上,其余的则花在举办婚礼上,如婚礼策划、婚纱照、婚纱礼服及喜宴等。

调查显示,婚礼支出只是结婚总花销的一小部分,因为城市地区的大多数新人在结婚前还要买房买车。

约81.6%的新人坦称得到了父母的财力支持。据调查,这些新人的平均月收入仅为6240元。

此外,约88.4%的新人认为拍婚纱照最重要,78.74%的新人则首选办喜宴。

而农村地区新人的平均结婚费用约为四万元,不到城市地区的三分之一。

2006年我国登记结婚人数约为849万对。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则