Run Through the Rain

[复制链接]
查看: 1198   回复: 0
发表于 2007-11-26 08:34:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
世间万物皆有自己的季节,做任何事情也有一个恰当的时机。希望你有机会在雨中狂奔一回……

She hadbeen shopping with her Mom in Wal-Mart. She must have been 6 years old,this beautiful brown haired, freckle-faced image of innocence. It waspouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of raingutters, so much in a hurry to hit the Earth it has no time to flowdown the spout.

那時候她正和她的媽媽在沃爾瑪買完東西出來. 她大概六歲的樣子, 有著漂亮的棕色頭髮, 無邪的臉孔上點綴著幾顆可愛的雀斑. 門外正下著瓢潑大雨, 雨水嘩啦啦地從檐溝上沖下來, 急促地撞擊著地面, 還來不及流進下水道.

We all stood there under the awning and just inside the door of theWal-Mart. We waited, some patiently, others irritated because naturemessed up their hurried day. I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I getlost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt anddust of the world. Memories of running, splashing as carefree as achild come pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.

那時我們都站在沃爾瑪門口的遮雨篷下面. 大家都在等著雨什麼時候能停下來, 有的很悠閒, 有的很急躁,咒罵著可惡的老天爺耽擱了他們這一天繁忙的計畫. 我只是沉迷在眼前的景色中, 嘩啦啦的雨水彷彿沖走了天地間的一切塵埃,我的思緒也開始不著邊際地漫遊, 我想起了自己那段無憂無慮地奔跑玩水的孩提時光, 就像是一針久違的鎮定劑, 把我從現在生活的壓抑中解脫了出來.

Her voice was as sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in. "Mom, let’s run through the rain," she said.

小女孩的聲音是那麼的甜美, 突如其來地打破了遮雨篷裡令所有人昏昏欲睡的氣氛:"媽媽, 我們跑吧!"

"What?" Mom asked.

"什麼?" 媽媽似乎沒有聽清.

"Let’s run through the rain!" She repeated.

"我們在雨裡面跑回去!" 小女孩重複了一遍.

"No, honey. We’ll wait until it slows down a bit," Mom replied.

"不行, 親愛的. 我們還是等雨小一點吧." 媽媽和顏悅色地解釋著.

This young child waited about another minute and repeated: "Mom, let’s run through the rain."

小女孩安靜了一分鐘又說道:"媽媽, 我們還是跑回去吧."

"We’ll get soaked if we do," Mom said.

"這樣我們會被淋濕的."她的母親依舊拒絕.

"No, we won’t, Mom. That’s not what you said this morning," the young girl said as she tugged at her Mom’s arm."

"不會的, 媽媽. 你早上可不是這樣說的." 小女孩帶了點哭腔, 用力地搖著她媽媽的手臂.

“This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?"

"今天早晨?我有說過我們可以在雨裡面跑不被淋濕嗎?"

"Don’t you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about hiscancer, you said, ‘If God can get us through this, he can get usthrough anything!"

"媽媽你不記得了嗎? 你跟爸爸說他得的癌癥的時候, 你說如果上帝幫我們闖過這一關, 那麼我們以後什麼難關都能渡過了!"

The entire crowd stopped dead silent. I swear you couldn’t hearanything but the rain. We all stood silently. No one came or left inthe next few minutes. Mom paused and thought for a moment about whatshe would say.

整個雨棚下面頓時陷入死一般的寂靜, 我發誓除了雨聲再也聽不到別的聲音. 所有人都站在原地, 接下來幾分鐘也沒有人離開. 小女孩的媽媽頓了一會兒, 想著自己該說些什麼.

Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Somemight even ignore what was said. But this was a moment of affirmationin a young child’s life. Time when innocent trust can be nurtured sothat it will bloom into faith. "Honey, you are absolutely right. Let’srun through the rain. If get wet, well maybe we just needed washing,"Mom said. Then off they ran.

也許會有人一笑置之, 也許會有人責備小女孩的無知,甚至有人會忘掉剛才她說過了什麼. 但這也許將是個決定這個小女孩一生的時刻---決定著天真的信任是否會在將來綻放出信念的花朵. "親愛的,你說得對. 我們跑吧. 如果淋濕了, 那說明我們正好需要洗一洗." 媽媽微笑著, 然後牽著小女孩跑進了雨中.

Weall stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the carsand. They held their shopping bags over their heads just in case. Theygot soaked. But they were followed by a few who screamed and laughedlike children all the way to their cars. And yes, I did. I ran. I gotwet. I needed washing.

我們都站在那裡看著, 看著這對母女在車來車往的馬路邊奔跑著,有人微笑,也有人大笑. 她們拿購物袋舉在頭頂擋雨, 但還是不可避免地淋濕了. 可是很快便有人跟隨她們, 尖叫著大笑著跑進了雨中,奔向各自的汽車.當然, 我也沖了出去, 我也淋濕了, 可能是我也需要洗洗吧, 呵呵.

Circumstancesor people can take away your material possessions, they can take awayyour money, and they can take away your health. But no one can evertake away your precious memories. So, don’t forget to make time andtake the opportunities to make memories every day!

環境或人可能會奪走我們的財產, 金錢和健康, 但是沒有什麼可以帶走我們美好的回憶. 所以, 每天都不要忘記抽空來給自己製造一些美好的回憶.

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose underheaven. I hope you still take the time to run through the rain.

世间万物皆有自己的季节,做任何事情也有一个恰当的时机。希望你也有机会在雨中狂奔一回.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则