[SEO] Experienced SEO guys - are product Name EDMs easy to rank?

[复制链接]
查看: 304   回复: 1
发表于 2012-5-19 01:58:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Does anyone have experience ranking a new site with a product name exact match domains?

For example, if I registered a site called http://www.ralphlaurenpoloboots.com about how much (and what type of link building) is necessary to rank on the first page?

Top 10 results are full of major ecommerce sites with strong domain age/PR/backlinks but low page PR/backlinks.

I know registering product name domains can have legal repercussions, but that aside, how easy (or hard) would it be to rank a site on the top page? And how difficult is it to get past the big names, like the manufacture's website or Amazon?

Thanks.. i'm really curious.
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-19 01:58:27 | 显示全部楼层
iofferthebest;30295 Wrote:my understanding is that you will get your ass handed to you trying to rank a trade name..
    copyright infringement or something..
    havnt tested this though..

i saw some really juicy EMDs for sale but decided to stay away..

IIRR;30296 Wrote:It would help ALOT, and make SEO ALOT more easier. With a few backlinks should be able to rank high for ralph lauren polo boots

MasterMind;30302 Wrote:^This. Google gives more "juice" to the emd (http://www.ralphlaurenpoloboots.com) over the plain jane site(generic.com). The cool thing about SEO is you can rank anything if you put in the work, cash, and time. However, sometimes its just not worth it as lots of the top 10 major eCommerce sites have really deep pockets and spend XX,XXX on SEO each month.

At the end of the day with all the legal issues and heavy competition your best bet is to do some solid keyword research and find some gems in the mix. Pick your battles wisely, you'll save time and win over the long haul.

gray1985;30304 Wrote:I would go generic. I recently had a site with a trademark in it and had to give it up. End of the day it's not worth the risk

shzm;30314 Wrote:I'm trying something similar at the moment with exact match domains for products. Don't plan on this being a long term thing, I hope to get them earning quickly for a month or two and flip em. I've seen similar types of sites fetch quite decent prices on flippa/DP.

erod;30317 Wrote:I've had two product name domains taken away from me for trade mark infringement. Although it made it easy to rank i would never do it again.

tbs123;30339 Wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys. I've gotten away with this before, and always heard there may be legal issues, but never thought it could actually happen!

chojin;30419 Wrote:Same here.. lost a few good ranking domains due to this too.

dzinga1;30425 Wrote:yeah..me too...had a 20k daily adult site and fucking redtube.com sent me a polite email to shut it down or else I will have to deal with their lawyers.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则