[Email Marketing] Nice method for email marketing to get conversions

[复制链接]
查看: 254   回复: 9
发表于 2012-5-21 14:44:12 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I am new to email marketing and such, and have found a nice way to get conversions.

This is what my email looked like.
  1. Name: Playgirl Magazine

2. Email Subject: Confirm your email address.

3. Email Body:

4. ======

5. Subscription: 10 Year Subscription

6. Total cost: $299.99

7. Payment Method: Visa

8. Status: Complete

9. ======

10. Hello {FIRSTNAME},

11. Thanks for purchasing MoneyInsider software.

12. Click the link below to confirm your email address and download this software:

13. [url]http://playgirl-mag39.com/confirm_email.php?con=randomcharactershere.dfhajsdt823572fkgaj[/url]

14. (((NOTE: make the link and the page look legit.)))

15. Click the link below to cancel this order:

16. [url]http://playgirl-mag39.com/cancel_order.php?con=randomcharactershere.dfhajsdt823572fkgaj[/url]

17. (((NOTE: make this link legit as well)))
复制代码
Out of my 1000 person mailing list

494 people clicked a link inside, and these were random emails I collected, not targeted.

That's 49.4% success rate.

So what I did was add a zip submit to the pages.

"To prove you are human, complete these first 3 pages to continue." on the page with the iframed zip submit.

Around 24% converted. 118/1000 (11.8%) people completed the zip submit. Giving me $177 for that one email sent to 1000 people.

I don't know if that's a good rate, but it seems pretty good to me.

Hope this helped or mattered to anyone.
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 14:45:48 | 显示全部楼层
I think that is quite clever Placebo. The back-end must convert of course into something eventually else merchants will become suspicious and pissed. But in the meantime you can spread the love around so that many merchants/networks are covered with this method.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 14:46:02 | 显示全部楼层
I tried this with interspire. The FIRST mail I sent to my own email to test got spamboxed :-/

Any tips man? This seems like a pretty good method...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 14:46:14 | 显示全部楼层
Use the spam index checker thingy that interspire has. And make sure you aren't just COPY AND PASTING what he gave you. Put your own twist on it. Re-Phrase it yourself, etc.

Maybe just twist it completely and have it be for something that isn't playboy.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 14:46:26 | 显示全部楼层
Personally, for what it is worth - this looks well worth pursuing

It would be worth holding an aweber account just to use the spam gauge there. At 20 odd dollars a month it might be a good investment

When you write up your responses and click save it lists them and gives you a spam "level" - I cant remember now -I think it is rated 1 - 5

If you teak the mail until it goes below 2 your inboxing rate will be 100 % !!!

Just an idea

Regards

AIC
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 14:46:35 | 显示全部楼层
Ok I managed to inbox 1k of these emails. INBOX.

I used this method directly though, no twist.

I managed $8.

I KNOW these inboxed because my offer has like 300 hits to it, only about 3 conversions.

This is a first page email submit that converts fine.

Perhaps I'm not inboxing 0 ?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 14:46:46 | 显示全部楼层
I know the industry standard to work off, as A conversion rate is approximately 1 %, for cl ads. This is given to mean that the ad respondents are targeted (obviously) and responding to an email address in the ad

Now -considering that the method in this thread is NON targeted emailing I must assume the conversion rate would be a lot lower (correct me if I am wrong please)

So -Doing Craigslist posting = 1000 x 1% = $10.00
Doing other methods (non targeted) = less ??

am I right -anybody please ??

G.S - how much was the payout on your offer worth per sign up - that will help clarify your stats

If it was a dollar per then perhaps(IMHO) you did not too badly
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 14:46:55 | 显示全部楼层
Yes it was $1.10 payout I believe. But honestly $8 vs. $200 of OP?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 14:47:05 | 显示全部楼层
True -an 11.8 % conversion rate stuns me. Have you tested and tweakd the email header -like -whos it from when it shows up -what does the opening line say -etc. Honestly man -I have no real answers but this method looks to be one that can be monetized -so - you had success -my advice = Scale hugely, tweak -find out what works and what does not.

If you dont have the BAT (email autoresponder) then get it. Think about expanding following up those emails

think about how you can make your $8.00 in to 800. Thebn -if you can do that - $8000 and so on. But -whatever you do -you have a method that works. Whilst in its baby stages it may seem pitiful -but GROW IT, CULITVATE
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 14:47:15 | 显示全部楼层
is it true at least in theory anyways that any method that makes a small amount of money can be scaled up into something that makes good money? from what ive been reading in the some of the advice given on the site it seems like it. could be wrong, dont know a lot about it..
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则