Making Money with Craigslist

[复制链接]
查看: 2062   回复: 4
发表于 2009-4-10 16:44:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Convert “Trash” to “Treasure” on Craigslist

craigslist

OK, maybe that’s a little too extreme- perhaps you don’t really consider that 2 sizes too small wool sweater that grandma gave you last Christmas really “trash”. Maybe a better word is “un-needed”. However or whatever you call it- lets just say that alot of us have alot of “good stuff”… that is well….. just sitting around…. in our basements, closets, backyards, storage facilities, cars.. and so on…and so on….

Americans for some reason have been able to become quite the pack-rats. We engage in all kinds of ways to store our stuff- into every nook and cranny we can find. We even pay storage facilities hard earned money to keep an eye on our stuff- for stuff that we may not even want or even remember we have.

Being an artist has been particularly hard on my pack rat-save it all- mentality. I have managed to collect so many things that when my parents died and left me all of their great stuff I found that I was literally getting buried under all “this good stuff”. I now had 3’s of everything, duplicates of just about everything you need to conduct life with, on top of my already spilling out of the closets art supplies, chairs, jackets and other things that I had managed to horde over the years.

All that changed one day when I happened to have a conversation with my next door neighbor. She mentioned to me that her husband liked to use a site on the Internet called Craigslist to sell unwanted items, and that he had also bought some great treasures there too.

I shelved a mental note into the back of my brain that I seriously needed to check this site out soon (the sooner the better!)

A few months went by and I decided to give Craigslist a crack. There could be no harm checking it out and it might be wise before I could no longer navigate through my house.

I found the site very user friendly, with many categories to choose from to sell my “treasures”. The camera on my cell phone came in handy when it came to posting pics with the items I listed for sale (visuals are always best to display with your items), and I found that the more measurements and information I gave about the item the more likely it would sell. And best of all, unbelievably, it’s absolutely free to use Craigslist to sell your items (no kidding)

I’ve been Craigslisting now for about 3 years- I’ve sold furniture, plants, cars, business items that our business no longer needed, phones, and even antiques. What you can sell and what you can find on Craigslist is pretty much endless ( just don’t try selling yourself- that’s been tried by others and the feds will be down your throat in a hot minute !)

The only downside is sometimes people flake me and don’t show up for their purchase, so now I really try to make it as convenient for myself to make a time for them to pick up their item-

Another possible downside I’ve heard is recent Craigslist robberies where people actually have gotten robbed by someone ( for that I say: “Caution! Do not go meet somebody somewhere odd to deliver an item and try to not let people in your house. Bring the item out to them if necessary, and have someone else there with you at your home- just use common sense)

I have listed over 300 items with Craigslist and never had any problems with people. In fact, I’ve met some really nice people and even given away some free things on Craigslist to people that needed it.

I would suggest that if you want to try Craigslist set up an account with them (it’s free) and try one item and see what you think. If you have alot of stuff to sell you’d be surprised at how much money you can make on things that you no longer need or use. You may even become addicted and actually wind up with a very simple, basic, easy-to-clean house as a bonus!

I’m still striving towards that, if I could only get through the pathway to the yard to the shop to find that other stuff…

发表于 2009-10-30 21:41:49 | 显示全部楼层
Making Money with CraigslistMaking Money with CraigslistMaking Money with Craigslist
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-18 20:51:50 | 显示全部楼层
不错,,正需要这方面内容
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-19 07:32:10 | 显示全部楼层
thanks!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-7-25 22:40:28 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢,学习一下