[Craigslist] Craigslist Spam Method

[复制链接]
查看: 245   回复: 1
发表于 2012-5-21 00:36:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Default Craigslist Spam Method

Well it's been a while since I've posted anything new... Well anything at all. So here's an old method that can still work very easily out of the box. It's similar to other anti-spam ideas but with it's own little twist.

This method works best in the personals section of CL as they have their scam warnings up.

This does involve mailing! (can easily be done by hand on a smaller scale).

------------------------------------------------

The Method:

Since the scam warnings are everywhere on CL nowadays, it's about time to harness the power of them.

First you'll need to scrape the personals section, or post and just receive their emails (posting is easier overall).

The first email that is going to be sent off will be us sending them a very obvious affiliate link. The more obvious the better. This may mean that you will have to have a script to create custom urls that look like affiliate ID's under your domains (check out my Baby got Back post). <-- As you will need quite a few domains to email to @CL address', and just a few for if your sending direct.

In the email your going to contain everything relating the scams so that the user may just click and report you. It also helps to make the email look somewhat spammy.

Here's an example of an email:

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: craigslist | about > scams

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to email me. As you know a girl can never be too safe nowadays from the terrors outside, or even from herself. So I find it best to verify everyone who emails me. Please visit the link below and create a free profile where I can verify your real and of the right age.

http://yourmirroreddomainorfakedomain.co...teid=21413

Thanks for understanding hun,

Samantha x

SCAM ALERT - scammers posing as potential romantic partners are directing CL users to age and identity verification sites, dating/adult/cam sites (where you can see their "pics" or chat with them), even sites designed to deliver malware --- all in hopes of earning affiliate marketing commissions at your expense.
FUN FACT: Reporting a scammer's "affiliate ID" to their affiliate marketing program often results in confiscation of the scammer's ill-gotten gains by the affiliate program.

You can edit the warnings in your emails to match the craigslist warnings exactly (Must be done to make it seem more legitimate).

Now for your site:

- Best way to do this is have your own LP encompassing a CC verify form, such as MMDC's ones <-- If they sign up, then bonus!
- Clearly on your page either near your top menu, or right below your form put in a "Report Spam" link, and make it stand out.
- Your report page will need to have a field for the user to enter in the affiliate id of the spammer
- To finish of the page, put a sliced email submit in for them to put in their email or to double verify their email (if you want to harvest the email). You can hookup a javascript script to make it so the email submit also submits your affiliate id if you want it to (overkill).

^ After they submit their email address have a javascript popup saying "Thanks for helping us clean our network. In appreciation were sending you to a Sister company to receive a free XXXXX (lets say Ipod)." And then redirect the page to the CPA offer, in hopes of watering down your conversions a little.

Now that's the whole just of the method. It's nice and simple. It's just relying on frustrated members or CL freaks to think their fucking you, but really your fucking them (up the ass if you wish lol).

Bonus:

If you want to improve your odds of converting users. Send out a second email. I've found it best to send it out as the site and send it direct to their inbox about 12 hours after initial email.
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 00:37:12 | 显示全部楼层
In the second email, just say that you've found a few members spamming via unsolicited means and we would love for anyone to help out and report them

Example:

Hello Sir,

We are sorry to bother you, but we believe that you have received an email sending you to our site http://xxxxxxxx.com via a few malicious affiliates spamming Craigslist. We take spamming very heavily and would love for you to head over to our Spam Reporting page at http://xxxxxxxx.com/report.php and let us know which Affiliate ID's have spammed you so that we can dismiss them accordingly.

Thanks for all of your support,

Dating Site Name

I Prefer sending a second email like this as it's a little bit of a nudge to the user, and it also makes them think their doing the right thing. In this email you can also give more incentives to report the affiliate (think outside the box).

Tips and Tricks:

- Make sure you use a good template for your dating site, and try and make it look nice and even web 2.0.... None of this crappy LP aimed at only getting them to convert, as it will sell your second email more if the site looks better.

- TEST TEST TEST!!!

- Why only do email submits?

I've given you the basic method, I haven't gone into as much detail as I could have, but that's because there is so much more to this method that it's not funny!. But I hope you all enjoy it (and leave some Thanks, you greedy bastards!).

Also, For those of you who may point out. Yes this method is a lot like other stop spam email methods (where they fill out a sliced offer to stop emails), but this method is a bit more targeted then the other ones. It also uses revenge, one of the worst characteristics that humans have, but also one of the easiest to exploit!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则