Chitika disregards impressions from unsupported countries

[复制链接]
查看: 1262   回复: 0
发表于 2006-4-15 15:32:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Starting from 11th April 2006, Chitika has announced that it will not count the impressions originating from unsupported countries like China.

What is this reporting change ?
Starting with the reports of April 11th 2006, the “Impressions” column in your reports will not count ad impressions from unsupported countries. For example, if you had 1000 ad impressions on a given day and 750 of those were from US and 250 were from India (a country we currently do not support), you will now see 750 in your “Impressions” numbers.

Why did Chitika make this change ?
This change was made to give our publishers a more accurate picture of the effective CPM (eCPM) that Chitika is delivering for supported traffic. When used in conjunction with the “alternate url” feature, it helps the publisher to maximize the revenue from the ad spot. For example, say that a publisher earned $150 from 50,000 ad impressions (10,000 of which were from unsupported countries). His eCPM (using old calculation) would be: $150/50 = $3. With the new change, his eCPM would be $150/40 = $3.75. By now knowing that Chitika is delivering $3.75 in the supported countries, the publisher can then manage his inventory accordingly to maximize his revenue.

Will my revenue be affected ?
No. Your revenue will NOT be affected in any way.

Do I need to do anything at my end ?
No. However, if you do notice a big drop in your ad impressions, it means that you are getting a lot of traffic from countries that Chitika currently does not support. Thus, the smart thing to do is to use the “alternate url” feature to monetize the ad space for that unsupported traffic.

Is there any way I can see the number of discounted impressions ?
Not at this time. However, if you use the “alternate url” feature, you can get this number from the number of hits to your alternate url.

As stated clearly, this change does not affect earnings. This also makes the reporting more streamlined…
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则