[SEO] On Page SEO

[复制链接]
查看: 403   回复: 5
发表于 2012-5-24 00:26:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I have to admit, I tend to ignore on page SEO aside from keyword in H1 and title tag, sprinkled few times throughout text and other basic things.

But now I'm leaning towards building higher quality sites with lots of pages targeting long tail (as well as short) keywords, so on page factors become much more important.

Does anyone have any good resources for more advanced on page SEO? Or is H1, title and keyword density really all there is to it? On Page SEO

Thanks!
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-24 00:26:26 | 显示全部楼层
hm... I think most people agree that OnPage SEO is a very small part of the equation for ranking. It's just so easy to make sure you've got good onpage SEO that there's no reason why you shouldn't still do it.

The main things are what you mention - Title, H1 Tags, Keywords mentioned very early in the content. More content is good. The site's accessibility (speed, etc) is important as well. Image alt tags... and various other things...

What also helps is your site's functionality - ie. having good accessible content (good separation of content, ie categories laid out well, perhaps using a silo method)... It helps with getting more pages indexed, and also the flow of page rank.. However, again - offsite SEO will always trump anything you're doing onsite.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-24 00:26:35 | 显示全部楼层
Yeah on page is a small amount of the algo - but with a large site and lots of pages it can make a difference, especially for extreme long tail searches. Siloing is something I'm using for my latest sites, wordpress doesn't make it easy but I still prefer it to anything else.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-24 00:26:45 | 显示全部楼层
The more competitive your niche is the more on Page becomes important. The biggest things other than the obvious Titles etc. or Page Load Speed, Ease of Navigation (don't trap spiders or force users to use the back button) and Bounce rate.

If you are buying traffic from G those 3 are important, not so much on the serps compared to backlinking.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-24 00:26:53 | 显示全部楼层
The above mentioned is good info, also use your keywords in your text as links to internal pages and use no follow tags for unimportant pages like privacy policy, terms etc.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-24 00:27:03 | 显示全部楼层
Semitic correct code is something that can make the difference between all that stuff working for you or not as well. Accessibility options, and good coding are always pluses in google.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则