PPV Stuffing 5: Targetting & More

[复制链接]
查看: 1521   回复: 5
发表于 2011-5-15 05:20:12 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Targeting can be extremely powerful, and have a huge affect on the success of your cookie stuffing campaigns.  Understanding how targeting resolves against URLs in consumer’s browsers, and against other competing advertisers within the networks can give you a fairly big leg up on a profitable campaign.
All PPV/CPV networks function differently.  There is a LOT of research that could go into this subject.  I simply haven’t had the time to extensively test it out.  This post will share with you some of my observations and experiences that I have found helpful.
Competition & Bidding:
The networks always work differently…Media traffic for example has a ‘Target Outbid Report’.  For example, if one of your targets is ‘fatcock.com’…and some whitehat fella is bidding on the term ‘fat’…his bids are going to take precedence before yours.  You can vastly overbid him if you like…knowing that your fatcock.com is going to be satisfied less then his fat…or you can give him the traffic for the time being.  Certain high cost keywords seem to come and go often.  And it’s not always worth it to try and strong arm out the people who aren’t in for the long haul anyway.
Not all the networks have this cross keyword resolving…and usually the only way to find out how the bidding is actually resolving is to test.  For example, in Trafficvance, there are certain keywords/urls I have NEVER been able to get traffic for.  I can only presume either it’s blocked within the system, or there is another inclusive bid that is soaking up all the impressions.
Targeting Advanced URLs & SSL:
This is a nasty good tactic.  I think there are very few people who use it.  In most networks, just like you can target domains.  You can also target individual pages.  Why spend so much money targeting thisshoppingsite.com, when oftentimes for a cheaper bid you can target thisshoppingsite.com/shoppingcart.
You will have to play around with this concept, because it doesn’t always fit, if the networks use inclusive bidding like example above, or if the affiliate site’s cookie settings prevent the action from being recorded you won’t receive any benefit doing this.  The point is, this does not always work with all networks/targets/affiliates but when it does, it’s really good to know about.
It’s also useful when the URL structure of a sales funnel changes…like with Vistaprint for instance.  Depending on how close to checking out the consumer is…their URL will read
vistaprint.com
vistaprint.com/vp
vistaprint.com/vp/ns
etc…take the time to study the affiliate program’s URLS to see how you can take advantage of this.  Also…some networks don’t seem to read URL strings when they are in the HTTPS protocol.  This is a good thing to note, because then you may want to target a step in your affiliate network’s shopping cart that is further another along then their homepage, but hasn’t yet kicked the customer into SSL.
Nothing is for sure!
I hope you have some more to think about at any rate…but these are just some things I have dealt with, that sometimes exist, and sometimes don’t.  You will have to experiment with your own systems to see what works.  Good stuffin.
发表于 2011-5-17 21:36:51 | 显示全部楼层
从最后的图片中 找到了原出处 呵呵
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-5-19 13:36:01 | 显示全部楼层
2# kumgfu

也没看到什么图片啊PPV Stuffing 5: Targetting & More
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-5-19 16:52:01 | 显示全部楼层
我也没看到图片
回复 支持 反对